Community Blog
Get the latest updates on the Splunk Community, including member experiences, product education, events, and more!

Call for Volunteers: Help us Decide What Makes the .conf21 Stage!

bjennewein
Retired

bjennewein_0-1618433012422.jpeg

I have heard it said that with great power… comes great responsibility. 😉

Well, get ready Splunk Community… because we’re giving you the power to help influence what we put on stage at .conf21! On 4/1, our official .conf21 Call for Speakers went live, and we hope you’re all preparing and submitting some compelling sessions and topics (we know you will!). 

Today, we’re hyper-excited to announce our first-ever Call for Community Volunteers for .conf21!

Say what?! How can *I* help and volunteer with .conf21?

As a Community member, there are a lot of ways that you can get involved. Speaker Scorers will provide feedback on blinded submissions to help our Track Chairs and committees decide which sessions to accept. Content Reviewers and Quality Control can help Splunkers and customer speakers prepare top-notch presentations. Q&A and Chat Moderators can help ensure our commitment to upholding positive and inclusive engagement throughout the entire process. And, there’s even a General Interest category if you’re just not quite sure. (More deets on roles and time commitments in the comments below!)

bjennewein_1-1618433140772.jpeg

How do I sign up and express my interest?

There is a short form to fill out to express your interest, and we will try to include as many volunteers as we can. If you’re selected to volunteer, someone from the .conf21 team will reach out to you with more details.

But *I* was hoping to speak at .conf21… Can I do both?

Yes! Don’t worry — you can absolutely do both (if you want)! Volunteers working with session selection only score blinded submissions. So, you can submit as many sessions as you want AND still submit to volunteer and help!

Ready to toss your hat into the ring as a .conf21 Volunteer? Just fill out this form to help the .conf21 get to know you, your interests, and your expertise!

UPDATE: Our Call for Volunteers has officially closed! Thank you to all of you generous folks who put your hand up! If you're selected, someone from the .conf21 planning team will be in touch soon!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...