Training + Certification Discussions

How do people afford to pay for splunk classes??

ffchang
Engager

Hey everyone I am just wondering how do people afford to take these classes some of the certifications cost over 2000 for just one class? I am very early in my IT career and was just wondering. Is there a payment plan I can sign up for or a loan that I can do I really want to be able to take these classes and get certified but the entry to just get started is just so expensive. 

thank you all again for your time and replies

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi! We recommend getting started with (free!) Fundamentals 1 and attempting the Splunk Core Certified User exam. The exam registration is $125 per exam registration or 5 registrations/attempts for $500. You can attempt most other certification exams (through Admin) without completing the coursework. If you have significant Splunk experience, you may be able to earn the certifications without paying the course fees.

Additionally, our beta exams are always free for qualified candidates. Our Splunk Cloud Certified Admin is in its beta phase (projected to last until Spring 2021, but may change based on participation). If you can (or have) passed the Splunk Core Certified Power User exam, this would be a great opportunity to earn a brand new certification at little to no cost.

For registration assistance, please see our Exam Registration Tutorial. For information on exam content and sample questions, please see our Certification Exams Study Guide.

Good luck on your certification journey!

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

unless your employer don't pay those courses and certificates there haven't been any other option that getting those moneys as loan. But unless you don't need those certificates yet there are lot of material what you could learn and later on when its possible take those courses and get certified.

Here is one link https://community.splunk.com/t5/Archive/Are-there-any-Splunk-training-materials-for-new-users/td-p/2... and you could easily found more.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...