Splunk Dev

"ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sn_sec_util'" error on loading python custom module

gsabhay77
Explorer

I have created a custom python script named "sn_sec_util.py" in the bin folder of the splunk app. I want to load this file in the python REST handler "my_submit.py" which is also in the bin folder.

But I am facing the issue at the import statement mentioning "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sn_sec_util".

Here is the file "my_submit.py" with import statement of the module "sn_sec_util.py" in the line 4.

import sys
import splunk
import logging, logging.handlers
import sn_sec_util as snutil
from urllib.parse import unquote

class Submit(splunk.rest.BaseRestHandler):

def handle_submit(self):
         payload = self.request['payload']
         sessionKey = self.sessionKey
    handle_POST = handle_submit 
Labels (2)
0 Karma

tpavlik_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey gsabhay77,

Your ability to import other modules will depend on your PYTHONPATH which is specific to your system where Splunk is running. The easiest way to debug the path that the script is running from is to output sys.path:

import sys
print(sys.path) // ['', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8', ...]

Without getting too much into your system setup if you simply need the directory that your my_submit.py file resides in to be added to the path you could do so by adding the current absolute path that the file is running from using:

import os
import sys

sys.path.append(os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(__file__)))

Adding those lines to the top of your script should hopefully resolve your issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...