Splunk Dev

hard time reaching sales

moorvogi
Path Finder

with the difficulty of reaching sales i figured i would ask here. if i get a perpetual license, how long can i continue to use the software after the first year if i choose not to continue the support?

i mean.. can i just "go alone + public support" after the first year? or do i need to continue the support for ... something?

Tags (1)

moorvogi
Path Finder

I had been using the form to have a sales rep contact me. I filled it out 5-6 times over the last 2 months to no avail. I even tried calling but went to voicemail.

Eventually, someone DID call me back... from Canada. He then forwarded my info to a regional rep whom contacted me a few days later. She has been amazingly helpful. It takes several hours for replies but that's fine really, it's not months/days.

I feel the question is still worth posting on "answers" in case others have the same question. I've seen pages that say it's a requirement for the first year but other information tends to lean toward the ongoing requirement of support fees.

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

How have you tried to reach Sales? It would be helpful to know what's not working.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...