Loves-to-Learn
Hi All,
I wish to create a regex that should work with multiple log format
using  2 type log format.
1)
log format:
5 auth_mechanism: SSO_ISE auth group

[syslog_pass1]
regex =(?P<user_agent>\s+[(\S+)])(?P<cust_field>(?:\s+(?:\")?([^\"$]+))?)
FORMAT= user_agent::$1  cust_field::$2

2)
In second log format , one new field(proxy_id) is added in between user_agent ad cust_field.
Log Format:
 5 3 auth_mechanism: SSO_ISE auth group

[syslog_pass2]
regex =(?P<user_agent>\s+[(\S+)])(?P<proxy_instance_id>\s+[(\S+)])(?P<cust_field>(?:\s+(?:\")?([^\"$]+))?) 
FORMAT= user_agent::$1 proxy_id::$2 cust_field::$3

we wrote 2 regex for different log format.but field extration is not happening properly
if log is coming in  this log  format:  5 auth_mechanism: SSO_ISE  but so i am getting field value for user_agent is 5 , proxy_id is a , cust_field is auth_mechanism: SSO_ISE.
how to correct the regex for getting correct value of field ?
Tags (1)
0 Karma

maciep
Champion

Assuming that is the entire message and useragent/proxy id will be numbers, I'd probably write it like this, with just one regex.

^\s*(?<user_agent>\d+)\s*(?<proxy_id>\d*)\s*(?<cust_field>[^:]+)

Also, I believe if you specify the named capture group in your regex, then you don't need to specify the FORMAT....at least at search time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...