Splunk Dev

Why does Splunk FREE API port not respond?

ststefa
Engager

Hey there! I try do write some code which will interact with the Splunk REST API. I use the Splunk FREE edition version 8.2.3.3.

Unfortunately I cannot get any response from port 8089:

```

curl: (28) Operation timed out after 300523 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received

```

The URI does not matter. I cannot get any reaction whatsoever. Is this a known limitation? Or do I need to configure something?

Thanks a lot for suggestions!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

AFAIK, there is nothing in the Free license that prevents that (mine works).  Verify your firewall is allowing connections to port 8089.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

ststefa
Engager

Thanks for the reply.  It is not exactly the cause but it hinted me into the right direction. The 8089 port (in my setup) belongs the the forwarder which also runs there. 8087 would've been the right choice for me and in fact it resolves the issue.

Still funny that the forwarder does not react in any way to a request towards its port. But maybe intended.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

AFAIK, there is nothing in the Free license that prevents that (mine works).  Verify your firewall is allowing connections to port 8089.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...