Splunk Dev

Why do I get the following import ERROR when I create a custom search command with a Python script?

aiacobelli
Explorer

Greetings!

I am writing a Python script to create a custom search command that goes out and reaches out to an API to get some data back based on what is passed to it. Whenever I run the script via /opt/splunk/bin/splunk cmd python splunk.py, I get the following import error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "splunk.py", line 2, in <module>
    import splunk.Intersplunk
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/duoSearch/bin/splunk.py", line 2, in <module>
    import splunk.Intersplunk
ImportError: No module named Intersplunk

When I open up the interpreter via /opt/splunk/bin/splunk cmd python and try to import it there via import splunk.Intersplunk , I do not get an error.

0 Karma
1 Solution

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi @aiacobelli,

I replicated same issue in my lab environment. Please rename your python file name to something else like splunk123.py . Also remove splunk.pyc file from directory /opt/splunk/etc/apps/duoSearch/bin/ and it will work.

Thanks,
Harshil

View solution in original post

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi @aiacobelli,

I replicated same issue in my lab environment. Please rename your python file name to something else like splunk123.py . Also remove splunk.pyc file from directory /opt/splunk/etc/apps/duoSearch/bin/ and it will work.

Thanks,
Harshil

0 Karma

aiacobelli
Explorer

Thank you! That did it!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...