Splunk Dev

Why can't the free trial Splunk Cloud accounts not access the REST API?

naisanza
Path Finder

Why can't the free trial Splunk Cloud accounts not access the REST API?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

naisanza
Path Finder

So it's just about money and not supporting the developer community. 

View solution in original post

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @naisanza 

as per Splunk documentation you need to have paid subscription to access splunk cloud rest API , trial version can not access it 

SanjayReddy_1-1646894353962.png

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/Admin/Intro 

0 Karma

naisanza
Path Finder

So it's just about money and not supporting the developer community. 

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you need developer access, you can get a Developer license and use it on your own on-prem infrastructure.

Trial Cloud access is supposed to be used for evaluation of the service in order to decide whether to purchase the services or not. Same as Trial on-prem licenses.

Remember that cloud infrastructure costs money. If you need prolonged access to Splunk services, set up your own environment. It works.

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Gosh I have to disagree with that conclusion given the availability of the Splunk Developer License which is intended to support developers with these types of use cases.

An internet search for "splunk developer license" quickly shows that that the splunk>dev site has a way for anyone to request the license!

sloshburch_0-1646913645513.png

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...