Splunk Dev

Why am I receiving this error on TA-MS-AAD Azure Add On?

bubbleup

I am trying to use the rest endpoints for the Microsoft Azure Add-on for Splunk TA-MS-AAD

When posting the following:

localhost:8089/servicesNS/nobody/TA-MS-AAD/admin/TA_MS_AAD_account/testacct/create?username=myazidhere&password=lslslslslsslsl

I receive following error:

"ERROR"><class 'splunk.admin.BadProgrammerException'>: This handler claims to support this action (4), but has not implemented it.

As you can see, I am trying to create our credentials via this API to support automated installation/configuration of this add on

Has anyone been able to use the rest endpoints with this Add On? any consumer examples would be great - thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

mcmaster
Communicator

Hi @bubbleup,

If testacct doesn't exist yet, you'll need to do something like this

curl -k -u 'admin:password' -XPOST -d name=testacct -d username=myazidhere -d password=lslslslslsslsl https://localhost:8089/servicesNS/nobody/TA-MS-AAD/admin/TA_MS_AAD_account 

Try that and see if it works for you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...