Splunk Dev

Why am I getting an error when creating Apps with App builder when testing Python?

jtlittle
Path Finder

this alert action gave me an error when testing the python.

2018-03-07 18:34:42,033 ERROR pid=24690 tid=MainThread file=cim_actions.py:message:271 | sendmodaction - signature="Error: 'module' object has no attribute 'process_event'. Please double check spelling and also verify that a compatible version of Splunk_SA_CIM is installed." action_name="test_alert" search_name="test_arf" sid="1520447680.116" rid="0" app="TA-fancydudeapp" user="admin" action_mode="adhoc" action_status="failure"
0 Karma

jtlittle
Path Finder

I found this in the error logs. I am trying to just create alert actions to add .json alerts to each event I alert on.

So its a python script which uses slack webhook to send the alert to with the crafted .json message.

The `os` module/method can be used to execute filesystem commands.

I would have an alert

1) alert action - slack alert with $ results.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...