Splunk Dev

When will Splunk DB Connect support Java 8?

pmdba
Builder

Currently DB Connect documentation states that it only works with Java 6 (already past end-of-life) and Java 7 (end-of-life in April 2015). Our organization will not allow Java 7 apps on our network once security patches are no longer available for it. Does anyone at Splunk know when support for Java 8 will be available?

1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The dev team is working on this for an upcoming release. I can't give specific dates, but the work is in progress right now.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The dev team is working on this for an upcoming release. I can't give specific dates, but the work is in progress right now.

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

And that release is now released at http://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2686/
DB Connect v1 needs Java 7
DB Connect v2 needs Java 8

ShaneNewman
Motivator

I am using Splunk DB Connect with JRE 8 right now, I have no issues. We have been running JRE 8 for about 3 or 4 months with no issues.

dave_maclean
Explorer

While Shane might not be having any issues, according to Splunk, Java 8 is still not supported. See their documentation as well as this item:

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/179701/splunk-db-connect-why-am-i-getting-an-error-config.html

So I'd also like to know the real answer to the above question: when will DBX support Java 8? Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...