Splunk Dev

Validating the file name in splunk

mahbs
Path Finder

Hi,

I was just wondering, is there a way to validate the name of the file that is being ingested into splunk?

So for example, if the file name is: "filename 20180124" I would have thought a regular expression could be used to validate that, but the question is, how do I use a query to display the file name into the console and then validate it?

Could someone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Is the filename in the source field (as usual)?

Then you could do something like:

...base search...
| eval validFileName=(if(match(source,"<validation regex>"),"Yes", "No"))
0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

are you looking for a list of file names that are been index by Splunk?

0 Karma

mahbs
Path Finder

Hey @mayurr98, not a list, but I've created dashboards per file. The Splunk picks up the file from the splunk server and ingests it. For that file that is being picked up, in that dashboard, I want to create a panel that basically checks to see if the file name conforms to the intended design

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...