Splunk Dev

Unable to access/comprehend manifest file in SPLUNK_HOME directory.

blazingwebs

New install, I must have accidentally deleted the manifest file thinking it was the original installer - how can I take care of the error? (it doesn't impact performance just shows in Messages)

0 Karma
1 Solution

BlueSocket
Communicator

I suggest that you tar the splunk folder into a file (to backup) and then re-run the installer. If the installation is REALLY new, then why not just delete the SPLUNK_HOME and then re-run the installer (yum install splunk*.rpm) or tar xvf splunk*.gzip?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

BlueSocket
Communicator

I suggest that you tar the splunk folder into a file (to backup) and then re-run the installer. If the installation is REALLY new, then why not just delete the SPLUNK_HOME and then re-run the installer (yum install splunk*.rpm) or tar xvf splunk*.gzip?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...