Splunk Dev

TA not availble on Splunk Cloud

KeaganJ
Path Finder

My App is not showing up in Splunk Cloud. Yet I have uploaded the app to Splunkbase, and it passes all the Appinspect checks without any errors.

This is the app in question:

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3980

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Apps are not vetted for Splunk Cloud until a Splunk Cloud customer asks for it to be installed.  Passing AppInspect is just one step in getting approved for Splunk Cloud.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Apps are not vetted for Splunk Cloud until a Splunk Cloud customer asks for it to be installed.  Passing AppInspect is just one step in getting approved for Splunk Cloud.

---

KeaganJ
Path Finder

Thanks @richgalloway .

I currently have a Splunk Cloud trial account, but can't seem to figure out where to ask for it to be installed.

Do you know whether that functionality is reserved for customers that are paying for the customer support service as well?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can try going to the Manage Apps screen and then clicking Install Apps->Uploaded Apps->Upload App, but you may find you have to submit a support request.

---

KeaganJ
Path Finder

Thanks for this, but it appears I don not have a `Install Apps` anywhere on my Manage Apps page.

Will deal with Support here then.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You must not have the sc_admin role. Someone with that role may be able to help you.
---
0 Karma

KeaganJ
Path Finder

I am the only member on this Splunk cloud instance and I have the `sc_admin` role.

As i mentioned this is only a trial Splunk Cloud account so I am assuming because of that trial nature, they have given me limited functionality.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...