Splunk Dev

Splunk Cloud and iframes

arthur
Engager

I'd like to create an app with dashboards that rely on iframes.  To do this in Splunk Enterprise I know that the app's web.conf has to include the following:

[settings]
dashboard_html_allow_embeddable_content=true

However, I'd like to use this app with a Splunk Cloud instance and when I run splunk-appinspect (with --mode precert --included-tags cloud) against the app I encounter the following failure:

Web.conf File Standards Ensure that web.conf is safe for cloud deployment and
that any exposed patterns match endpoints defined by the app - apps should not expose endpoints other than their own. Including web.conf can have adverse impacts for cloud. Allow only [endpoint:*] and [expose:*] stanzas, with expose only containing pattern= and methods= properties. web.conf

Check that web.conf only defines [endpoint:] and [expose:] stanzas, with [expose:*] only containing pattern= and methods=.

FAILURE: Only the [endpoint:*] and [expose:*] stanzas are permitted in web.conf for cloud. Please remove this stanza from web.conf: [settings]. File: default/web.conf Line Number: 1

Is there any way to enable embedded content for dashboards using iframes for apps in Splunk Cloud that will pass the splunk-appinspect validation? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @arthur - unfortunately this development pattern is not permitted in Splunk Cloud (and enforced by AppInspect).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...