Splunk Dev

Seeing the data in kvstore, created by "Add On Builder"

MartinTerp

Hi

I have created an app using the Add-on builder, by:

collectionName = "myKVStore"

service = connect(scheme=scheme, host=splunkd_host, port=splunkd_port, token=helper.session_key, owner="nobody")

if not collectionName in service.kvstore:
    service.kvstore.create(collectionName)

I would like to see the data in my kvstore, IN Splunk, i have tried to query the api with no luck, also tried to define it transforms.conf:

[myKVstore]
external_type = kvstore
case_sensitive_match = false
collection = myKVstore
fields_list =  _key, ....

If i then query it by: |inputlookup ... i get "collection does not exist"
But it works fine within my code

Ideas?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try to make sure that when you are running the | inputlookup search from the Add-on's search dashboard where the collection is defined.

Collection definition should be present in the collections.conf file

- You can search from the backend of your search with below CLI  to find out where the collection has defined. 

./splunk btool collections list myKVStore --debug

If you don't see any results that means the error is correct and you do not have collection defined and you need to create a collection first.

If you see the file listed then try to run the | inputlookup search from that App.

Alternatively, you can also look at default.meta or local.meta file to change the permission of the collection and lookup definition(transforms) - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/Admin/Defaultmetaconf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...