Splunk Dev

Scheduling a periodic update on kvstore using python

vinay3006
Engager

Hi
I have a python code which pulls data from a source using REST API and updates the KVStore collection. However i want this to run on a period basis say once in 24 hours. What is the best way to schedule this?
Regards,
V

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could use cron or you could create a scripted input that runs your python daily. I prefer the latter.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could use cron or you could create a scripted input that runs your python daily. I prefer the latter.

---

vinay3006
Engager

for scripted inputs, I do not have any data to index, i would like to use only the kvstore collections. Is it possible to run the scripts without indexing data?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the script does not write anything to stdout then nothing will be indexed.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...