Splunk Dev

Running the Django "Create an app and add a page template" tutorial, why am I getting "Please check your SPLUNK_HOME path and try again"?

rkappler
Explorer

Running Splunk 6.2.4 on Mint 17, I'm trying to run the "Create an app and add a page template" tutorial (sorry, not enough karma to post links yet) and I get:

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/framework $ sudo ./splunkdj createapp mydjangoapp

/opt/splunk/bin/bin/splunk was not found.  Please check your SPLUNK_HOME path and try again.

I have checked my envvars:

PATH=/opt/splunk/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games ; export PATH ; HOSTNAME=inga ; export HOSTNAME ; SPLUNK_HOME=/opt/splunk ; export SPLUNK_HOME ; SPLUNK_DB=/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk ; export SPLUNK_DB ; SPLUNK_SERVER_NAME=Splunkd ; export SPLUNK_SERVER_NAME ; SPLUNK_WEB_NAME=splunkweb ; export SPLUNK_WEB_NAME ; MONGOC_DISABLE_SHM=1 ; export MONGOC_DISABLE_SHM ; PYTHONPATH=/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages ; export PYTHONPATH ; PYTHONHASHSEED=random ; export PYTHONHASHSEED ; NODE_PATH=/opt/splunk/lib/node_modules ; export NODE_PATH ; LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/splunk/lib ; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH ; OPENSSL_CONF=/opt/splunk/openssl/openssl.cnf ; export OPENSSL_CONF ; LDAPCONF=/opt/splunk/etc/openldap/ldap.conf ; export LDAPCONF

so my path is correct. I'm pretty sure that this occurred when I tried to do this the first time and it asked me for the path, so I entered it, am thinking now I should have just hit enter? How do I undo or fix this? I've looked around and found nothing specific to this issue.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You need to check the variable under user root like this:

sudo echo $SPLUNK_HOME

Or better yet, just do this:

sudo SPLUNK_HOME=/opt/splunk; export SPLUNK_HOME; cd $SPLUNK_HOME; ./splunkdj createapp mydjangoapp
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...