Splunk Dev

Running a script on the Search Head initiated from browser

fk319
Builder

I have a htmn POST I would like to make from the search head when a user clicks on a button in their browser.

Currently, I am creating a search that runs a custom command.  Due to the nature of the issue, a user can generate 200 events in a few seconds.  As you would expect, I am hitting limits all over the place.

I have a .js that builds the Splunk command to call a custom command that does an HTML POST.  I would like to skip Splunk as I can.  The problem I have is the javascript runs on the local web browser and the POST needs to be on the private network that Splunk is on.  I am taking advantage of Splunk's authentication to run the search, so I would like to do the same with a script.

I am presuming this is either built-in and I missed it, or really hard.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...