Splunk Dev

Running a base search from SplunkJS

ollie920049
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm writing a dashboard with some panels based off an expanding table rows from the Splunk Dashboard 6.x examples app.

alt text

Code as follows:

require([ ... ){
    var EventSearchBasedRowExpansionRenderer = TableView.BaseRowExpansionRenderer.extend({
        initialize: function(args) {
            this._searchManager = new SearchManager({
                id: 'details-search-manager',
                preview: false
            });
            this._chartView = new ChartView({
                managerid: 'details-search-manager',
                'charting.legend.placement': 'none'
            });
        },
        canRender: function(rowData) {
            return true;
        },
        render: function($container, rowData) {
            var sourcetypeCell = _(rowData.cells).find(function (cell) {
               return cell.field === 'sourcetype';
            });
            this._searchManager.set({ search: 'index=_internal sourcetype=' + sourcetypeCell.value + ' | timechart count'});
            $container.append(this._chartView.render().el);
        }
    });
    var tableElement = mvc.Components.getInstance("expand_with_events");
    tableElement.getVisualization(function(tableView) {
        tableView.addRowExpansionRenderer(new EventSearchBasedRowExpansionRenderer());
    });
});

This all works very nice. What I really need though is to be able to access my base search for the dashboard I've written from javascript, and run my searchManager using that (with my customised search appended), if at all possible.

Hope this makes sense? Any suggestions are appreciated, I'll keep digging through the developer doco in the meantime.

Thanks,
Ollie

Tags (2)
0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

To use your base search, you should use the postprocessmanager and not the searchamanger

http://docs.splunk.com/DocumentationStatic/WebFramework/1.0/compref_postprocessmanager.html

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...