Splunk Dev

Is there documentation on how to connect to Splunk Cloud using the Splunk Java SDK?

victorregpalajr

I'm trying to design a solution which involves Splunk on-prem, Splunk cloud, and Java. But in my research, I am unable to find documentation that tells me that the Splunk JDK is can be used for Splunk cloud. I've seen answers in the forum that indicate that this is possible by having Splunk Cloud open the management port. It would be great if someone could direct me to some documentation. Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can use the same method to connect to Splunk Cloud as you would with an on premises version. You just need to use the global dns name for your stack. And depending on whether you're using a self serviced stack, or fully managed stack, you need to open a support ticket and have them open the management port for external connectivity. ( If your stack is a https://prd*.cloud.splunk.com stack, you need to open a support ticket. )

View solution in original post

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can use the same method to connect to Splunk Cloud as you would with an on premises version. You just need to use the global dns name for your stack. And depending on whether you're using a self serviced stack, or fully managed stack, you need to open a support ticket and have them open the management port for external connectivity. ( If your stack is a https://prd*.cloud.splunk.com stack, you need to open a support ticket. )

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...