Splunk Dev

Is there a list of Splunk apps that need developing?

rkent
Explorer

Hi,

I'm new to the splunk app development scene, and was wondering if there's a list of apps that need building? Are apps typically built individually, or is there ever a community effort?

Thanks,
Richard

1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Apps can be built by anyone. If you browse Splunkbase you'll see apps created by Splunk,by Partners and by Community Developers.
I try to encourage community collaboration on my offerings and I do this by also hosting the App projects on Github where developers can fork the code. Other developers may choose to develop their Apps entirely themselves.
Regardless of how or who creates the App though , we do try and encourage developers to create high quality certified content , and we have some excellent guideline material to help you on this journey.

Developer Guidance
App Certification

There is not a curated and formally published list of Apps that need building.If you have an idea for something , browse Splunkbase , if it is not there , develop it.

We also have a Splunk Apptitude contest that is currently running, where you could win up to $150K by creating a Splunk App , why not give this a go for your first App !

View solution in original post

halr9000
Motivator

There is a community-generated list, actually, but perhaps we could do a better job of advertising it. When you go to ask a new question, on the bottom right, you'll see this quick tips sections:
alt text

I suggest browsing the app-wanted tag! And I think I will try and keep a closer eye on it, myself. 🙂

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Apps can be built by anyone. If you browse Splunkbase you'll see apps created by Splunk,by Partners and by Community Developers.
I try to encourage community collaboration on my offerings and I do this by also hosting the App projects on Github where developers can fork the code. Other developers may choose to develop their Apps entirely themselves.
Regardless of how or who creates the App though , we do try and encourage developers to create high quality certified content , and we have some excellent guideline material to help you on this journey.

Developer Guidance
App Certification

There is not a curated and formally published list of Apps that need building.If you have an idea for something , browse Splunkbase , if it is not there , develop it.

We also have a Splunk Apptitude contest that is currently running, where you could win up to $150K by creating a Splunk App , why not give this a go for your first App !

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...