Splunk Dev

Is it possible to make log using python script on splunk server?

bkhwang
Explorer

Hello!!

If a new event log is generated in the index, is it possible the Python script reads the event log and generates a new log?

I want to analyze event log by python script and draw a graph on dashboard by analyzed new log.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could create a summary index based on a report of the events in the first index and then create a chart based on the values in the summary index. If your summary index needs particular processing that is not possible with standard SPL, you could write your own custom command (in python) and feed the events from the first index to that before writing the results to the summary index.

View solution in original post

bkhwang
Explorer

Thank you for your feedback @ITWhisperer 

Can you link me if there is a document related to it?
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could create a summary index based on a report of the events in the first index and then create a chart based on the values in the summary index. If your summary index needs particular processing that is not possible with standard SPL, you could write your own custom command (in python) and feed the events from the first index to that before writing the results to the summary index.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...