Splunk Dev

Hunk: What does the vix.splunk.home.hdfs setting refer to?

Harishma
Communicator

What does this setting actually refer to?

Splunk Settings
HDFS Working Directory
vix.splunk.home.hdfs

It says

Example: /user/splunk/hunk-01.example.com/" in provider. 

Is this a local path--> /user/splunk ??

Is it an hdfs path in Hadoop server where Splunk can write its files? OR is it the path in hdfs where data is stored OR is it a local file?

I have set up a single node cluster, having namenode and datanode in one server, so I'm getting confused..

Tags (3)
1 Solution

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

Provider Configuration Variables

says -

-- The location of scratch space on HDFS for this Splunk instance.

We use the mapr flavor and it works fine without specifying this one. We do use the HDFS Working Directory configuration, where we specify the dedicated mapr volume.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

vix.splunk.home.hdfs is a location on HDFS (not the local file system). Under that directory Splunk will create several other sub directories. For example, /user/splunk/splunkmr/dispatch or cache or package or bundles

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

Provider Configuration Variables

says -

-- The location of scratch space on HDFS for this Splunk instance.

We use the mapr flavor and it works fine without specifying this one. We do use the HDFS Working Directory configuration, where we specify the dedicated mapr volume.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...