Splunk Dev

How to use custom react visualization in Dashboard Studio?

lohit8846
Engager

Hello,

I am currently using the new splunk JSON & React framework to create dashboards and use custom visualizations. https://splunkui.splunk.com/Packages/dashboard-docs/

However, one big issue I have is that I cannot create dashboards using dashboard studio and include custom visualizations. Only the default splunk visualizations will show up in the toolbar when adding

Is there a way to include custom visualizations in dashboard studio? This would be really useful and make it easier to create & maintain dashboards without needing go into a react app for changes

Also what do these props mean? 

/**
* visualization can be added through the toolbar
*/
CustomViz.includeInToolbar = true;

/**
* can switch to this visualization through the editor viz switcher
*/
CustomViz.includeInVizSwitcher = true;

I did not notice any change of behavior by setting them to true and was not able to do any editing.

Thanks,

Lohit

Labels (2)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@lohit8846 , @rmccullagh - I have not made myself use Dashboard Studio a lot yet.

But I think this example should help you:

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

rmccullagh
Explorer

Would love an understanding of this as well - it seems Splunk need to come to the table in enabling third-party visualizations to work in Dashboard Studio.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...