Splunk Dev

How to print to "output: testing enviroment" in Splunk Add-on Builder using Python Input?

Edward1234
Engager

I am stuck. I am using the Splunk Add-on Builder with a Python data input and I want to print my variables that are set in "Data Input Definition" area to the "output" area. I can't get anything to print. Not even "print("HELLO")" will show up. I tried the logging functions and they don't work.

I have a text data input called "splunk_hec_url".

In " def collect_events" I have this:

print("testing")
    splunk_hec_url_ID= helper.get_arg('splunk_hec_url')
    print(splunk_hec_url_ID)

When I click "test", nothing shows up in the output section. What am I doing wrong? How do I get anything to print to the output section? I tried "helper.log_info("log message")" and that doesn't show up either.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...