Splunk Dev

How to make splunklib compatible with Python 3?

davietch
Path Finder

Hello,

I am coding a custom command and I am using splunklib to interact with Splunk SDK.

I am also using the Splunk Platform Upgrade Readiness App that allows me to spot if my code is compatible with Python 3.

My issue is that this app tells me that some python files in the splunklib are only compatible with Python 2 runtime. I've updated the Splunklib to the very latest release...

You can see the result of the app scaning below:splunklibpython2.jpg

Is this normal ? is there a way to make it compatible with Python 3?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tpavlik_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @davietch we have confirmed that splunklib is Python 3 compatible and that these Warnings are erroneous. Until the Splunk Platform Upgrade Readiness App is updated to prevent these Warnings they can be safely ignored, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

aditrifan

There is no update? I am facing the same issue. 

0 Karma

tpavlik_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @davietch we have confirmed that splunklib is Python 3 compatible and that these Warnings are erroneous. Until the Splunk Platform Upgrade Readiness App is updated to prevent these Warnings they can be safely ignored, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

0 Karma

davietch
Path Finder

No one? 😥

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...