Splunk Dev

How to import an addon with .spl or Splunkbase .tgz to Splunk using Linux?

helpdeskrtvnoor

Hello,

I am trying to manually import the .spl file of a Splunk addon called 'Windows Event Log Analysis', the file has been provided on the EventID website here: http://www.eventid . net/splunk_addon.asp

I also tried downloading the addon from the Splunkbase, this provides me with a .tgz file that contains quite a bigger amount of files.
This download can be found here: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3067/

My question is, how would I import either of these files into my Splunk installation on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) ?

The reason I am trying to import the addon manually is that for some reason the Splunk Apps browser refuses my Splunk credentials, when a regular login to the Splunk.com with the same credentials does actually work.

Thank you 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gmjATredjack
Engager

The answer looks like this (inside a docker container running the free enterprise version)

sudo -u splunk /opt/splunk/bin/splunk install app ./splunk-machine-learning-toolkit_500.tgz -update 1

See

$ splunk help install

niketn
Legend

@helpdeskrtvnoord, if you have downloaded .tgz file you can use Install App From File option to install the App/Add On. Directly browsing to Splunkbase for installation might be blocked at enterprise level. Have you tried Install App from File option?

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...