Splunk Dev

How to fix error: Detect usage of JavaScript libraries with known vulnerabilities in AppInspect

Shukran
Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to fix an error in for an inherited add-on that i am maintaining.

category: app_cert_validation
description: Detect usage of JavaScript libraries with known vulnerabilities.
ext_data: { [+]
message_id: 7002
rule_name: Validate app certification
severity: Fatal
solution: 3rd party CORS request may execute parseHTML) executes scripts in event handlers jQuery before 3.4.0, as used in Drupal Backdrop CMS, and other products, mishandles jQuery.extend(true, (], ..) because of Object.prototype pollution Regex in its Query.htmlPrefilter sometimes may introduce XSS Regex in its jQuery.htmlPrefilter sometimes may introduce XSS reDOS - regular expression denial of service Regular Expression Denial of Service (ReDoS) Regular Expression Denial of Service (ReDoS) This vulnerability impacts pm (server) users of moment. js, especially if user provided locale string, eg fr is directly used to switch moment locale.
sub_category: Checks related to JavaScript usage

I checked some community questions, one of the answer mentions the below fix.

1. Export the app from any Add-on Builder
  2. Import the app into Add-on Builder v4.1.0 or newer
  3. Download the app packaged from Add-on Builder v4.1.0 or newer

I don't have the original app export and cannot import that to new AOB. I tried importing a tgz file but that gives an error.

Is there any other way I can fix this or something else i can try?

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...