Splunk Dev

How fix check that Splunk SDK for Python is up-to-date in AppInspect?

Shukran
Explorer

Hello,

I have inherited the maintenance for an app and it has a couple of errors that need to be fixed.
I have fixed all the others except the one mentioned here.

category: app_cert_validation
description: Check that Splunk SDK for Python is up-to-date.
ext_data: ([+]
message_id: 7004
"message":
"Detected an outdated version of the Splunk SDK for Python (1.6.6). Please upgrade to
version 1.6.16 or later.
File: bin/.../aob_py2/solnlib/packages/splunklib/binding.py",
"message_filename"
"bin/.../aob_py2/solnlib/packages/splunklib/binding.py","message_line":null),("result":"failure"
"message"
"Detected an outdated version of the Splunk SDK for Python (1.6.6). Please upgrade to version 1.6.16 or later. File:
bin/.../aob_py2/splunklib/binding.py"
"message_filename"
"bin/.../aob_py2/splunklib/binding.py',
"message_line": null}

A couple more files have the same error. It looks like all are Add-on Builder files and i am not sure how to fix this. Also, I cannot import the add-on in Splunk Add-on Builder as i dont have an original extracted version.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should be able to download the SDK from https://pypi.org/project/splunk-sdk/ and then copy the splunklib directory to your app's bin directory.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should be able to download the SDK from https://pypi.org/project/splunk-sdk/ and then copy the splunklib directory to your app's bin directory.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...