Splunk Dev

How do i set initial time to date time picker from search event

nikkkc
Path Finder

Hi there,
Can someone help me to set a default time on a timepicker (dashboard view) from an search result?
Like it is possible in dropdown...

Or is it possible to set the time on a timepicker dynamically from dropdown value? I would like to give the user the oportunity to preselect the available dates before i fill up the dashboard view.
Thanks in advance
cheers Nik

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Can you please clarify timepicker (dashboard view) from an search result?
Are you trying to link two dashboards together through a drilldown? For example Search running in Dashboard 1 should drilldown to Dashboard 2 using drilldown when user clicks on either a table row or chart?

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi nikkkc,
You can pre select some dates related to roles so users can find them in the top part of the Time Picker.
To do this go in [Settings -- User Interface -- Time defaults]
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

nikkkc
Path Finder

Hi,
Thanks for your reply but time zone is not what i need. i have some indexed data on different days and a user should able to select data from 20170703 or from 20170625 and so on....

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi nikkkc,
Sorry, I wasn't so clear!
I'm not speaking about time zones, it's possible to set some defaults for "Time ranges" that are displayed in the Presets of the Time picker.

To do this go in [Settings -- User Interface -- Time Ranges] and set e.g.:

• two days ago earliest -2d@d latest -d@d
  • three days ago earliest -3d@d latest -2d@d

I's also possible (but not so easy) replace Time picker with a dropdown list of dates extracted from your logs or from a lookup.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...