Splunk Dev

Hello experts, my private splunk app is showing fail in python readiness app. But, My codes are compatible for python 3

Ashwini_5
Explorer

My private splunk app is showing fail in python readiness app. But, My codes are compatible for python 3 with splunk 8.2.1 version. Below is the issue which is showing. I have tried updating server.conf file with

[general]

python version =python3. But, this doesn't worked.  Can someone share your suggestion . 

Private Apps

ABC
Private App
Fail
Details
This app is not compatible with Python 3.
Application Path
/opt/splunk/etc/apps/ABC
Required Action
Update this app or uninstall it. If you do nothing, the app will fail.

Dismiss App

Email Result

Export Result
Issue:
File path designates Python 2 library.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Ashwini_5
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. Issue resolved after adding below line in script. 

from __future__ import print_function 

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

@Ashwini_5 try the app vetting using the splunk add-on builder latest version, It will do all the pre checks and will throw you any errors with lines incase if there is any python incompatibility issues.

That should help with your issue.

Happy Splunking

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi! Is it possible to add a screen shot? I thought the private apps provided more detail on the specific thing that is failing. I'm wondering if it's slightly hidden by the UI and so I'm optimistic a screenshot could help us see more details.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...