Splunk Dev

Fix the javascript issue in this appserver build file (appserver/static/js/build/common.js) file?

Shukran
Explorer

Hi

I am trying to fix the vulnerable_javascript_library_usage error in Splunk Add-on Builder for appserver/static/js/build/common.js).

There are a couple of answered posts that mention the fix as:

1. Export the app from any Add-on Builder
  2. Import the app into Add-on Builder v4.1.0 or newer
  3. Download the app packaged from Add-on Builder v4.1.0 or newer

The issue I am facing is that I have inherited the maintenance for the add-on and don’t have an app export from the original Add-on Builder.

I have tried a couple of things that include importing the spl and tgz files as a project in AOB but cannot import them as it shows an error while extracting the files.

I tried to create a new add-on with the same name and replace the files in that with the files from the downloaded tgz from Splunkbase. On exporting the created add-on and importing it again it shows an error when extracting that it's not a valid compressed file.

Also, I tried to just remove the common.js file which breaks the add-on when we run it on windows machines.

Is there any other way I can fix this? Or how can I import the add-on in AOB?

Thanking you in advance.

Labels (5)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Shukran
Explorer

I got it working. Posting the process here in-case someone else has the same issue.

• Downloaded AOB 3.0.1
  • Create a new add-on with same name and id.
  • Copy existing files in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<app_folder>
  • Update the views in Splunk UI
  • Export from AOB
  • Update AOB version
  • Import the project

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Shukran
Explorer

I got it working. Posting the process here in-case someone else has the same issue.

• Downloaded AOB 3.0.1
  • Create a new add-on with same name and id.
  • Copy existing files in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<app_folder>
  • Update the views in Splunk UI
  • Export from AOB
  • Update AOB version
  • Import the project

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...