Splunk Dev

Failed to load Storage/Passwords endpoint using python SDK in application script?

davidneil
Engager

Hello,

I am currently running into this issue where I am unable to store / retrieve any data from my storage/passwords endpoint using the splunk sdk for python. 

Here is the message I keep receiving. 

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 8.58.31 PM.png

I have yet to have success with this but here is the code below:

def _load_secrets(self)
    service = client.connect(host="localhost", app="myapp", owner="admin", token=self.sessionKey)
    self.secrets = service.storage_passwords

This function gets called in my __init__ function when the object is instantiated.

I am storing the secrets object in a class attribute to be accessible to all functions that would need to interact with this collection.  I have tried this in functions outside of the class I have created and this has failed as well.

I have tried changing the owner to "nobody", and I have tried to change the scheme to "http"  and setting the verify arg to False, but this has not helped my issue. 

I have passAuth enabled for "splunk-system-user" in my inputs.conf file to allow the use of the session key taken from the standard input ( I am getting the session key without issue).

It appears that I am connecting successfully but when I attempt to access the storage/passwords collection it fails.

Ps: I will be storing an apikey and credentials to retrieve them in here. I successfully store the credentials from my JS function for the setup, my issue is only with python.

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

0 Karma
1 Solution

davidneil
Engager

I am aware I did not have the semi colon on the function above... typo

Deleted splunk and reinstalled everything, now I am running into this: 

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 10.22.37 PM.png

View solution in original post

0 Karma

davidneil
Engager

I am aware I did not have the semi colon on the function above... typo

Deleted splunk and reinstalled everything, now I am running into this: 

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 10.22.37 PM.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...