Splunk Dev

Developer License Request Status

erikavasnormand

I requested a developer license on 7/28, but have not heard back. How can I check if my request is pending or is simply going to get rejected?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To elaborate on woodcock's completely correct answer above:

The 10GB Developer license has a manual approval process, but we typically respond to requests within 2-3 business days. If you haven't heard back in longer than that, please reach out to us at devinfo@splunk.com

The 50GB Dev/Test license has an automated approval process. If you are having trouble with this type of license, please reach out to your Splunk sales representative.

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

There are 2 kinds of dev licenses:
A 10GB for non-customers that goes through an approval process here:
http://dev.splunk.com/page/developer_license_sign_up/
A 50GB for customers that is instantaneously validated based on your domain/entitlement here:
https://www.splunk.com/bin/services/splunkcom/v1/requestDevLicense

If you did the former and have been waiting for longer than a week, just request it again.

erikavasnormand

Do both of them have logging in enabled? I tried the Community edition but it logs you in by default

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I do not understand anything that you just wrote. Please elaborate.

0 Karma

erikavasnormand

So I am able to get the free edition of Splunk running just fine, but found that when I went to the IP address, it automatically logged me in

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/829/can-you-disable-auto-login-on-splunk-free.html

It seems as if there is no other way to avoid having a random person go to that IP and automatically logging in as root without having to setup a web proxy or applying other networking rules to that host. Either way I'd like to focus more on using Splunk rather than troubleshooting it.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Why are you using Splunk Free? Use Full Enterprise Splunk with the Dev License.

0 Karma

erikavasnormand

I would like a Dev License, but it is taking a while. Is there any way to speed it up? I need to start preparing for my workplace

0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I missed this when I initially replied but: if you don't receive your 10GB Developer License within 2-3 business days, please reach out to us at devinfo@splunk.com 

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Nope. Apply again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...