Splunk Dev

Changing formatter.html without restarting splunk

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When making a custom visualization, is there way of getting splunk to notice my changes to formatter.html without restarting Splunk?

Using debug/refresh or _bump has no effect.

Thank you

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is a setting in server.conf that will disable caching completely ... cannot find it right now 😕 Also don't forget your browsers cache, this did bite me multiple times in the past ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks for responding Mus. I should have also mentioned that I am using the "Development mode" configuration as mentioned here: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.4/AdvancedDev/CustomVizTutorial#Development_mode_se... and I have my browser dev tools set to "disable cache". I still need to restart Splunk to see formatter.html changes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...