Splunk Dev

Attempt to setup splundj - Error

emaccaferri
Communicator

Hi everyone,
I followed the Web Framework guide and used the command (on windows)

splunkdj setup

The setup process asks you to specify where Splunk is installed, I specified a path. I thought it was the right one, but instead it sais that the path doesn't exist.

The problem is that now I have no idea how to fix the error. Every time I rerun the

splunkdj setup

Splunk doesn't ask me for a path, but it immediately warns about the non existing path.
Any help?
Thank you all.

0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe that setting is stored in a file called: .splunkhome. Look in the directory where you are executing the command splunkdj setup and remove or edit the file to have it work correctly.

View solution in original post

emaccaferri
Communicator

After using alacercogitatus suggestion, I couldn't figured out wich was the right path. Maybe will be usefull to other:

$SPLUNK_HOME is the directory into which you installed Splunk (on windows $SPLUNK_HOME defaults to "\Program Files\Splunk")

so the path Splunk expected was \Program Files\Splunk, with no C:\

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If my answer fixed your original question (fix the error of not having a way to update the path) please mark it accepted. Thanks!

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe that setting is stored in a file called: .splunkhome. Look in the directory where you are executing the command splunkdj setup and remove or edit the file to have it work correctly.

kaleemgiet

Hi

I also got the same problem in mac. But I could not figured out where is .splunkhome ..? and how to resolve this issue.

Request for help

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...