Archive2

Which version of Splunk am I running?

Champion

How can I find out which version and/or build of Splunk I am running?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Champion

There are several places where the version number can be found. Launching the Splunk Home Page (Login screen) will tell you.

Or, from the commandline:

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk version

Or,

more $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/splunk.version

View solution in original post

./splunk version

0 Karma

Everything looks good when I downgraded the Splunk to 7.2.0 and Splunk DB Connect to 3.1.3.

0 Karma

Engager

Help ==> About ==> Splunk Version

Path Finder

If you have a 64 bit computer and Splunk is installed in "program files" - then you have the 64 bit version.
If you have a 64 bit computer and Splunk is installed in programfilesx86 - then you have the 32 bit version.

Alternatively - if you try to install the 64 bit version on a 32 bit system - you will get an error.
So if you have a 32 bit computer - you can only have the 32 bit version.

Also - if you installed the 32 bit on a 64 - you should really consider changing that to a 64 bit version.

Happy day!
=)

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, usually I will go into my Splunk's installation directory to look into the manifest file, e.g. at /opt/splunk and I will see something like splunk-4.2.1-98164-Linux-x86_64-manifest which tells me I have a 64-bit version of Splunk installed.

Hi
You misunderstand the question.
I know how to get the version by
vus150pb $ splunk version
Splunk 4.1.6 (build 89596)
vus150pb $

But my question was related to which version - is it 32 bit or 64 bit that I have installed.

Does that make sense.
David

0 Karma

Champion

There are several places where the version number can be found. Launching the Splunk Home Page (Login screen) will tell you.

Or, from the commandline:

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk version

Or,

more $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/splunk.version

View solution in original post