Splunk Search

Splunk - Object is not iterable

brewster88

Afternoon Guys,

Currently get a strange issue. I noticed we were not ingesting logs from one of our s3 buckets and investigated further.

'int' object is not iterable

An iterable object is an object that implements iter, which is expected to return an iterator object. An iterator is an object that implements next, which is expected to return the next element of the iterable object that returned it, and raise a Stop Iteration exception when no more elements are available.

Not entirely sure what that means but do have a pullout of the entire error.

2019-04-05 12:43:57,454 level=ERROR pid=39853 tid=Thread-6 logger=splunk_ta_aws.modinputs.generic_s3.aws_s3_data_loader pos=aws_s3_data_loader.py:index_data:90

*** have omitted some data here ***

message="Failed to collect data through generic S3." start_time=1554464637 job_uid="b6257e24-186f-46f1-ae72-eafb61835654" Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/modinputs/generic_s3/aws_s3_data_loader.py", line 85, in index_data self.do_index_data() File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/modinputs/generic_s3/aws_s3_data_loader.py", line 106, in do_index_data self.collect_data() File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/modinputs/generic_s3/aws_s3_data_loader.py", line 139, in collect_data index_store = s3ckpt.S3IndexCheckpointer(self._config) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/modinputs/generic_s3/aws_s3_checkpointer.py", line 141, in __init config[asc.data_input], config[tac.checkpoint_dir] File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/modinputs/generic_s3/aws_s3_checkpointer.py", line 80, in get S3CkptPool.S3CkptItem(ckpt_name, ckpt_dir) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/modinputs/generic_s3/aws_s3_checkpointer.py", line 65, in init self.idx_ckpt = LocalKVStore.open_always(ckpt_file_idx) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunksdc/checkpoint.py", line 156, in open_always indexes = cls.build_indexes(fp) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunksdc/checkpoint.py", line 163, in build_indexes for flag, key, pos in cls._replay(fp): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunksdc/checkpoint.py", line 92, in _replay flag, key, _ = umsgpack.unpack(fp) TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable

Any thoughts on how to fix this guys?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...