Archive2

Re: A BETTER ANSWER FORUM

Champion

The beauty of this sort of forum means that the community can post questions and accept answers giving other new users a clear idea of what may be right and wrong. Over time this continues to build to be a great source of knowledge and information and is used by new users, experienced users and Splunk staff.
This isn't meant to be a discussion board, it is meant as a Q&A site and a Q&A site it is.

Influencer

For what's worth, I prefer this style of forum. I'm not the most knowledgable in certain areas (no one is), and I find forums like this and others (like stack overflow) extremely easy to read and find answers (not only the accepted answers, but you can also judge an answer by the "up-votes", so the accepted answer may not be YOUR answer).

Contributor

no, there is no Q i need to solve. i guess i am used to vBulletin way of organizing data by topics, being able to search a specific forum related to the item i am interested in, and, being able to mark the Q "solved".

0 Karma

Champion

They are, through tags. with a product like splunk a question could span multiple topics, so why restrict it to one very specific category? Here you can search for an app via tags as each app shows as a tag. this means one question can have multiple tags. Was there a particular issue or problem you haven't been able to solve?

Contributor

vBulletin has "SOLVED" feature, and can certainly be used for Q&A purposes. this forum just doesnt seem organized. as example, all of the Splunkbase Apps could be under a parent forum title of "Splunkbase Apps", so if i wanted to go look for info related to a specific App, or post a Q about a App, i know where all the info about apps is, etc.

0 Karma
State of Splunk Careers

Access the Splunk Careers Report to see real data that shows how Splunk mastery increases your value and job satisfaction.

Find out what your skills are worth!