Splunk Dev

Is it possible to edit 'IDP Failed' error message?

thughes11

We have just finished setting up SAML authentication, and are controlling access through LDAP groups. Our IdP uses an LDAP filter to look up the user, and any user not in on of the groups will not be found.

As a result, if a user tries to access the tool, that is not part of one of the groups, they will get the following error message:

IDP failed to authenticate request. Status Message="Unable to provide subject and attribute info. Attribute mapping(s) failed: Mapping lookup 'FG' returned empty result. " Status Code="Responder"

I know why the user is failing to authenticate, so I want to present a more user friendly message to the user to make them aware they do not have access to the required group and point them in the direction of how to receive access. Is this possible and how would I go about it?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...