Splunk Search

How to pass search name to savedsearch

damucka
Builder

Hello,

I have the following search, which works fine and returns the proper result "RCA_MEMORY":

|makeresults
 | eval mysearch = 
   [
   |dbxquery query="call \"ML\".\"ML.PROCEDURES::PR_ALERT_TYPE_ANALYSING_LAST_MINUTES_AND_MISSING_DATA_ALL_HOSTS\"('BWP', to_timestamp(to_nvarchar('2019-07-16 18:53:00', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI'),'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI'), ?)" connection="HANA_MLBSO" 
   | eval mysearch = if(like(RCA_TO_REPORT, "%MEMORY%"), "\"RCA_MEMORY\"",
                          (if(like(RCA_TO_REPORT, "%CPU%"), "\"RCA_CPU\"", 0)))
   | return $mysearch
   ]
 | eval f1 = "\"" 
 | strcat f1 mysearch f1 mysearchname
 | return $mysearchname

But when I now wrap it and pass to the savedsearch command, I get the following error:
Error in 'eval' command: Failed to parse the provided arguments. Usage: eval dest_key = expression
The code loos as follows:

|savedsearch [
    |makeresults
     | eval mysearch = 
       [
       |dbxquery query="call \"ML\".\"ML.PROCEDURES::PR_ALERT_TYPE_ANALYSING_LAST_MINUTES_AND_MISSING_DATA_ALL_HOSTS\"('BWP', to_timestamp(to_nvarchar('2019-07-16 18:53:00', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI'),'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI'), ?)" connection="HANA_MLBSO" 
       | eval mysearch = if(like(RCA_TO_REPORT, "%MEMORY%"), "\"RCA_MEMORY\"",
                              (if(like(RCA_TO_REPORT, "%CPU%"), "\"RCA_CPU\"", 0)))
       | return $mysearch
       ]
     | eval f1 = "\"" 
     | strcat f1 mysearch f1 mysearchname
     | return $mysearchname
     ]

Please advice.

Kind regards,
Kamil

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...