Splunk Enterprise

Having trouble opening splunk enterprise

tommymbw
Engager

Installed Splunk enterprise to do the basic course but I am having trouble even opening it. Goes to localhost:8000 and what is below comes up:

AppDetectService Service

You have created a service.

To test this service, you will need to create a client and use it to call the service. You can do this using the svcutil.exe tool from the command line with the following syntax:

svcutil.exe http://localhost:8000/?wsdl
You can also access the service description as a single file:

http://localhost:8000/?singleWsdl
This will generate a configuration file and a code file that contains the client class. Add the two files to your client application and use the generated client class to call the Service. For example:

C#

class Test
{
static void Main()
{
AppDetectClient client = new AppDetectClient();

// Use the 'client' variable to call operations on the service.

// Always close the client.
    client.Close();
}

}

Visual Basic

Class Test
Shared Sub Main()
Dim client As AppDetectClient = New AppDetectClient()
' Use the 'client' variable to call operations on the service.

' Always close the client.
    client.Close()
End Sub

End Class

I am super new to this so I have no idea what I am doing. Using windows 10, 64-bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

roscolaw

Also ran into this today. In case anyone else comes across this when installing Splunk on their personal system, it seems that one of Creative's Audio Services (specifically their "scout" service) uses port 8000, so Splunk likely installed with 8001 configured. You can read more on the Creative service and how to change the port here

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...