Dashboards & Visualizations

Fields blank depending on when dashboard is run

intelli2019

Hi,

We have a daily run which creates logs which are ingested into Splunk.

I've created a dashboard in Splunk which runs fine if I run it later in the day near the end of the run or after it is finished. All fields populate correctly.

However if I run the reports in the dashboard earlier in the day some of the fields in the tables are blank.
These blank fields show up even if I run the reports for a date range in the past using a dashboard time picker or even if I copy the SPL query out and run it as a standalone report.

I get the feeling it's something to do with the joins I've used in the queries but I can't see why as they are left outer joins and as I mentioned even if I run the reports for a date range in the past I get the blanks. It seems to be related to when I run the report itself.

For example I've just run the query below and the "LPE_Total" field is blank for 5 of the last 7 days. Also the "LPE_F_Start" and "LPE_F_End" fields are blank for one of the days. If I run this query later on today these fields will be populated correctly.

I assure you all the data is actually there right now!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

index=lpe | bucket _time span=1d as Day | stats earliest(_time) as LPE_Start latest(_time) as LPE_End by Day
| eval LPE_Start=strftime(LPE_Start,"%H:%M:%S") 
| eval LPE_End=strftime(LPE_End,"%H:%M:%S") 
| eval Day=strftime(Day,"%d/%m/%Y")
| join type=left Day [search index=mule-new State=START Service=LPE | bucket _time span=1d as Day | stats values(FileTime) as LPE_F_Start by Day | eval Day=strftime(Day,"%d/%m/%Y")]
| join type=left Day [search index=mule-new State=END Service=LPE | bucket _time span=1d as Day | stats values(FileTime) as LPE_F_End by Day | eval Day=strftime(Day,"%d/%m/%Y")]
| eval st = strptime(LPE_Start,"%H:%M:%S") | eval et = strptime(LPE_F_End,"%H:%M:%S") | eval diff = et - st | eval LPE_Total = tostring(diff, "duration")
| eval LPE_Total=replace(LPE_Total,"\.\d+","")
| fields Day LPE_Start LPE_End LPE_F_Start LPE_F_End LPE_Total
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...