Splunk Enterprise

which among these two is my splunk version number?

pavanae
Builder

On my search head UI I'm seeing the version number as 6.1.9 as shown in the screenshot.alt text

But on my search head CLI I'm seeing as follows :-

cat $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/splunk.version
VERSION=4.3.7
BUILD=181874
PRODUCT=splunk
PLATFORM=Linux-x86_64

Which among these two is my splunk search head version and the other version number indicates what?

0 Karma
1 Solution

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Run $splunk_home/bin/splunk -version

That will give you the running version.

View solution in original post

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Run $splunk_home/bin/splunk -version

That will give you the running version.

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Further, the version shown in UI is correct. Another place you can get version details is on top right menu -> Help -> About.

pavanae
Builder

I havn't found splunk-version under $splunk_home/bin directory.

0 Karma

sjalexander
Path Finder

$splunk_home/bin/splunk is the command and -version is the argument ... i.e. you need a space between splunk and -version

0 Karma

hemendralodhi
Contributor

Can you try in another browser to see the behavior? Did you performed upgrade recently? Check you $SPLUNK_HOME path variable and make sure it is pointing to correct location.

Do you have single installation of Splunk on the server? If yes, then make sure you running cmd against correct running version.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...