Training + Certification Discussions

whether Architect 2 exam is a multiple choice questions or it is a lab exam

srisahitya_v
Communicator

Hello All,

I am a certified Splunk Architect and want to become certified Architect 2 exam.

I have completed my cluster admin and troubleshooting splunk courses successfully.

as per the revised pattern for Architect 2 have an exam to pass.

I didn't get any details regarding this that, whether is this a multiple choice question exam (like admin certification) OR Lab exam ( like Architect certification)?

can anyone help me with details.

0 Karma

srisahitya_v
Communicator

For me after sending the email to the team, they processed and send me certification with out any exam.

the answer is, No exam for Architect 2.

After architect exam, you need to complete
1. Troubleshooting Splunk and
2. Cluster admin courses followed by

1. sending e-mail to Splunk team that you completed trainings.
0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I had the same, the question is - when did this happen? Last week? Last year? A lot has changed in the last month, hence the question from @srisahitya_v

0 Karma

srisahitya_v
Communicator

I got the certificate 10 hours back. @xpac

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

From what I take from splunk.com, it's still a "do the courses, send us a mail and you're done" procedure.

See this:

After completing the courses listed below, candidates must email certification@splunk.com for this certification to be processed.

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/certification-track/splunk-certified-architect-2/overview.html

Hope that helps - if it does I'd be happy if you would upvote/accept this answer, so others could profit from it. 🙂

0 Karma

srisahitya_v
Communicator

I have emailed them, I forget to mention in the question.

my question is, whether exam pattern is a multiple choice OR lab exam.

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

At least when I did it last year, it was neither.
You just need Arch I certification, the required courses for Arch II, send them a mail, get the cert. No test involved.

0 Karma

srisahitya_v
Communicator

Please go through below link.

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/certification-track/splunk-certified-architect-2.html

this is the updated one, and I have mentioned same in question itself.

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Arghs, I'm really sorry.
I did, but did not scroll down. I took the description I posted above from that very site. -.-
So, just ignore this. 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...