Monitoring Splunk

use field value to extract new field

ambemou

Hello,

is possible to use field value to extract new field with splunk. for example i have a field Message whon contain this information below

Un handle vers un objet a été demandé. Sujet : ID de sécurité : CONTOSO\Administrateur Nom du compte : Administrateur Domaine du compte : CONTOSO ID d’ouverture de session 0x863fe Objet : Serveur de l’objet : Security Type d’objet : File Nom de l’objet : C:\secret ID du handle : 0x1068 Informations sur le processus : ID du processus : 0xcd8 Nom du processus :

and i need to extract some value like account name (CONTOSO\Administrateur) , access file (C:\secret)

thanks for your help

Tags (2)
0 Karma

ambemou

Hello

I my case is a version of my windows server is in french and when i use this regex result are empty i use this for resolv my problem

host="" EventCode="4656" TaskCategory="Système de fichiers" "Nom du compte "!="$" source="WinEventLog:Security" | rex field=Message "Nom du compte(?.)" | rex field=Message "Nom de l’objet(?.)" | rex field=Message "Nom du processus(?.*)" |rex mode=sed field=user "s/://g" |rex mode=sed field=objet "s/://g" |rex mode=sed field=process "s/://g" |eval mytime=strftime(_time, "%H:%M") |dedup mytime user objet | eval DATE=strftime(_time, "%d/%m/%y%H:%M") |eval ACCES=case(Keywords="Échec de l’audit", "Accès refusé",Keywords="Succès de l’audit", "Accès autorisé") | table DATE user host objet process ACCES |rename host AS "SERVEUR" user AS "UTILISATEUR" objet AS "RESSOURCE" process AS "PROCESSUS"

Thanks for help

0 Karma

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is fairly straight forward. Use rex:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.4/SearchReference/Rex

Example from that page:

... | rex field=savedsearch_id "(?<user>\w+);(?<app>\w+);(?<SavedSearchName>\w+)"

So, yours would be something like:

... | rex field=Message ".*:.*:\s(?<accountname>\w+)\s.*"

I'm fairly sure you need to tweak that regex as I just roughed it out and didn't test it at all, but you ought to get the idea.

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic

dshpritz
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If this is something that you want done on an ongoing, automatic basis, then you should look into using the SOURCE_KEY attribute in transforms.conf http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.4/Admin/Transformsconf

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...