Getting Data In

url list by user

prapanna
Explorer

who uses internet least and what are the resources he/she use? I cant make url as a field..what will be the solution?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

asimagu
Builder

sometimes I found that there are some restricted words that you cannot use to name fields. Now I usually do the same trick to check if the creation of my new field works, I name the new field as my name, and then if it works I try to find a more suitable name for the field.

does it make sense?

maybe you could use "my_url" instead of "url"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

asimagu
Builder

sometimes I found that there are some restricted words that you cannot use to name fields. Now I usually do the same trick to check if the creation of my new field works, I name the new field as my name, and then if it works I try to find a more suitable name for the field.

does it make sense?

maybe you could use "my_url" instead of "url"

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

What? What logs do you have? What's stopping you from extracting url as a field? What solution? You need to understand that with questions like these you will NEVER get a good answer, because we need you to provide DETAILS in order to get a chance to understand how to solve your problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...