Installation

underlying storage errors

jiaqya
Builder

when many users are running searches during meetings, we do see errors related to underlying storage issues.
this happens only when many users are on the search head.

i am not sure if we can resolve this problem over the community , but any insights or ideas that i can consider to make it better.

already i am looking to cluster the indexers + cluster the search heads with multi site configuration.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

what kind of errors? As you know, when a lot of concurrent searches run, it adds pressure on the IOPS on the storage layer and also consumes disk space for the users.

I assume you may have some custom role/storage setting to limit the disk space used by users. This way you can protect the SHs by not running out of disk space and also allow a better user experience by queing mutliple search requests from same users.

Yes, increasing storage/IOPS, clustering, limiting user disk quota etc.. will also help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...