Splunk Search

two values in piechart

Mike6960
Path Finder

In my search ik got a field called 'days' . This field is generated through counting the number of days between two different dates. If i use this field in a pie chart ik see (of course) all the different values (e.g. 0 , 1, 16,321 etc.) and the count of these. I would like to generate a piechart with only two counts. number of count <14 days and number of count >14 days . Is this possible?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

DalJeanis
Legend

Try something like this...

your search that gets days 
| stats count as daycount by days
| eval days = if(days<=14,"14-","15+")
| stats sum(daycount) as daycount by days

My practice is to always rename the count field if anything is going to happen with it other than presentation. This avoids the potential situation where in a later stats or timestats either you or Splunk might get confused as to which count you are talking about, the one that came out of a prior step or the one it is calculating itself.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Try something like this...

your search that gets days 
| stats count as daycount by days
| eval days = if(days<=14,"14-","15+")
| stats sum(daycount) as daycount by days

My practice is to always rename the count field if anything is going to happen with it other than presentation. This avoids the potential situation where in a later stats or timestats either you or Splunk might get confused as to which count you are talking about, the one that came out of a prior step or the one it is calculating itself.

0 Karma

Mike6960
Path Finder

Thank you for your help. In your example you already did a rename or do i understand you wrong?

DalJeanis
Legend

Yes...

| stats count as daycount

...calculates the count, but calls it daycount.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@Mike6960, can you please add more details about what you have and what you want. Possibly some mock data from current table and required table. Do you need something like this? Since you have asked for a pie chart I am hoping there should be multiple rows in your required table.

days      count
14          20

Mike6960
Path Finder

I have something like this as output:

days count
0 16
2 3
7 33
16 9
17 3
etc.. . What ik would like is to have two values voor the piechart. In this case count of 52 for <14 days and a count of 12 for > 14 days. In this way ik can represent two values in the chart

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...